UPDATED: April 20, 2010 to reflect new registration procedure for non-regular students
Since all the undergraduate students of University of the Philippines, Open University are required to take eight units of Physical Education courses, one should cross-register himself or herself on another college/university. Although the UPOU is already offering PE courses, only two PE courses are currently being offered. In this guide, I will be listing the steps on how one will cross-register himself or herself at UP Diliman for a PE class. I assume that you are an Associate in Arts student or a Bachelor of Arts in Multimedia Studies student.
AT YOUR LEARNING CENTER
- Go to the UPOU website and download the “Permit to Cross Register” form under the forms section of the site. Fill out the form. One PE course is equivalent to two (2) units.
- After filling out your “Permit to Cross Register”, visit your Learning Center and submit the permit for the dean and registrar to affix their signatures. Wait for one to two weeks before picking up your “Permit to Cross Register”.
AT UP DILIMAN
Be sure to do the succeeding steps during the regular registration period of UP Diliman. Please check UP Diliman’s academic calendar for the schedule of registration at www.upd.edu.ph. Cross-registrants are only allowed to enroll during the last two days (or typically the last day) of the registration period.
- Go to the new Office of the University Registrar Building of UP Diliman. Upon arriving at the building, go to the second floor and enter the office of the University Registrar. Give your “Permit to Cross Register” to the secretary. Wait for a few minutes for the Registrar to affix her signature.
- Proceed to the Admission and Registration Section located on the first floor. Get a number near the entrance for the Admission Section. When called, get your University Admission Slip and Temporary CRS account.
- Go to the UP Shopping Center or any computer shop within the vicinity of the campus to access your CRS account at http://crs.upd.edu.ph/. Fill out the Student Profile Module and have your Form 5A Printed. You can also do this at the UP Computer Center.
- When your Form 5A is printed, go to the OUR-Admission and Registration Section and have your Form 5A signed by the admission staff.
- Go to the College of Human Kinetics, Gymnasium to check on the available PE subjects. You could choose any PE subject (except those with prerequisite) that suits your schedule. However, if you are a first year student PE I would be best. On a scratch paper, list all the PE subjects that you are interested to take including the course code, section, instructor, location, etc. Bring snacks and be prepared to line up for a few hours.
- When it is your turn, tell the registration assistant of the subject/course you want to take. If there’s still slot/s available, write the course/class details on your Form 5A. Submit your Form 5A to the registration assistant for validation and enlistment via E-Prerog (still at the CHK Gym or sometimes at the CHK library).
- When you have your Form 5A validated, proceed to the OUR-ARS and submit your validated Form 5A with the course/s you have enlisted through E-Prerog. The ARS staff would print your Form 5.
- If this is not your first time to enroll at the University of the Philippines, proceed to the UP Diliman Main Library for Library Clearance. The librarian will then sign your Form 5.
- Have your tuition fee assessed at the OUR-ARS Assessment Window. Present your Form 5, inform them that you’re a cross-registrant from UPOU, and present your UPOU Form 5 so that your miscellaneous fee could be waived. Wait for your name to be called.
- When you are called, check if you need to pay something. If there are no fees to be paid, the registration assistant will stamp your Form 5 with “REGISTERED.” If there are fees to be paid, settle them first at the OUR, the Cashier’s Office or the affiliated banks. If you paid your tuition fee at the affiliated banks, please proceed to the UP Cashier’s Office for validation.